Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Blues

Hey Y'all,

Hope all has been going well for y'all. Things are about the same around here; Kim still isn't doing well, my house is a mess, and I've had a headache for over a week now.

Kimberli goes to the nephrologist this Wednesday. Hopefully we will not be getting bad news about her kidney functions. The feeding tube site is giving her all kinds of pain and problems but the PA at Wake Forest University Hospital says it looks good. They put some silver nitrate on the opening, hoping it will scab over and heal up. They said the nitrate would burn and hurt for a while but she hurts so bad with it anyway that she didn't even feel any difference.

I've been down in the dumps for a couple of weeks and I think it's a combination of things but mostly thinking of my dad. Dad's 90th birthday would have been yesterday and I just can't seem to get him off my mind. I just feel he died too soon and needlessly because he was doing great right up into July then he died in August of last year. He went downhill so fast that I had no warning he was going, that and the fact that my erstwhile helpful cousin didn't tell me that hospice had been called in and wouldn't let the nursing home contact me. I'm sorry. This has just got to stop. Here is a layout that I did for my Heritage Album that will be available on Hoorray! sometime this summer. All you have to do is add your photo(s) and some journaling (if you want) and it's ready to go. I just added Dad's photo and a few words to the Remember . . . tag. Hope you like it; there are a number of other pages to go with this one that you can pick and choose from as well as cover choices for the whole album. The image is 'clickable' if you'd like to get a closeup.


Well, hope to give you some more info about Hoorray soon. They are trying to go online this week!

Smiles,
Liv

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's nice to remember your dad. Mine passed away when he was 53, about 10 years ago and I missed him so much. He died way too young of cancer..and how I wished he had more time with us. He would have been so happy to be with the grandchildren now. Love/M

Vicki Chrisman said...

I know what you mean Liv. My dads birthday, mom and dads anniversary and Fathersday where all last month.. and it was rough. I still miss him and it's been over 20 years.
I'm sorry things are not better for Kim. (and for you). Moms are always "moms" and they hurt for their children, no matter how old their children are.
Can I ever relate to the "headache" thing! I sure hope it gets better for you Liv.
Cheer up my Liv! You are loved