Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dads, Daughters, and Grands-Oh My!

Drama Y'all! Always seems to be haunting me. Things seem to calm down for a few hours and then they get all stirred up again. I'm really wiped out from all of it that we've had to endure this week.

Dad is back in the nursing home and is doing better than we were led to believe. Kimberly has stopped vomiting for today and hopefully will be much better by Tuesday for Joshua's surgery. If all goes well, we are planning a trip to Richmond, VA to see what can be done about making my father's life a more pleasant experience. My granddaughter, Tabitha, will be turning 14 this Friday and my granddaughter, Suzy (ever the spoiler) is in trouble again. Selective memory in teens is, indeed, a world wide disease! Seems she 'forgot' that she had been forbidden to ever use a tanning booth and tried to get her Grandmother Gillam to take her! She's going to be grounded (again) for sure!

Doesn't she look like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth! LOL!

Kim tried to speak with my father to wish him a happy father's day this morning but he is refusing to talk again. I sent him this cyber card in the hopes that the early photo of me and my brother will cheer him:

Papers: Retro Diva-Tuscany; Template: Trish H Designs; Font is Century 725 Adobe

This is the birthday card I made for Tabitha. For some reason, I couldn't find a newborn photo of her? Old age, again!

Papers: Christina Renee-Necessities #10; JessicaBolton pastiche;Adrienne Richardson -LoveActually -Sunshine Group; Tracey Sims-Altered States; Alpha Flergs-Onyx Dance w/Flergs Glitter; Template -altered/Jphillips, all at Scrapbook Graphics

Things are so jumbled around here that I used templates to make both of these cards which made it easy to scrap quickly. I printed out Tabba's and emailed Dad's.

Well, since Kim is doing better, I'm going to go to my friend, Ginni's, house and celebrate Father's Day with them. Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. And, again, thank you so much for keeping me and my family in your prayers!

Tootles!

7 comments:

Kara Ward said...

Oh, she is gorgeous! She has your look and spunk too!!! Tell her about St. Tropez Auto-Bronzant Lotion. Cheaper (25.99) and will keep her alive. Sleekhair.com carries it. Smart celebrities use it. I will be thinking about your little man and his surgery. They heal fast even though it feels like it takes forever. I can't wait for your dear daughter to feel better. My Mama all ways says quality of life is better than quanity. I hold that near my heart. Makes me cry to think of it. Take care, Kara

Jeni Glee said...

Thank you for your visit to my blog and for your sweet comment! I just had to come visit yours and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read with interest all that going on in your life; I hope all goes well for you. I will include you and your family in my prayers, too.

One thing that caught my eye was that FABULOUS wallhanging. I just can't take my eyes off it...it is so lovely and dainty! I love it!

rose said...

Hi Liv
Oh more DRAMA is anything going to ease off for you !! Praying it will
Wow she is a stunner tell her to get fake tan spray,them booths are BAD make her look aged before her time with wrinkles tell her
IAm fine hon,just been decorating and then need to fix all my links back up on the blog also been on cyber crop this weekend so lots been on
Enjoy your break
big hugs and prayers

Vicki Chrisman said...

Your Granddaughter is sooo Beautiful! What a Stunning young lady! Hope your Dad and Kim are improving every day!
I ADORE that photo of you and your brother!!!..THE CUTEST EVER!

Marina Capano said...

Hi fiends! How are you!!?? and Kim? she is fine?Your Granddaughter is sooo Beautiful!see you, warms huggs!

Unknown said...

Beautiful granddaughter. Thanks for informing me via email, it was so thoughtful of you..really appreciate that. take care always :)

Vicki Chrisman said...

Dont know if you have access to your email or blog while your gone ,but wanted you to know I'm thinking of you!