Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hybrid Gift

Hey Y'all. Here are some photos of the hybrid album I made for my friend's birthday. It is the first project I have used traditional scrapbooking on in months and months. My hands didn't do too bad but I am really rusty at traditional scrapping! This little gift was a big hit at the birthday luncheon and I just wonder what it would have been like if it had turned out as I expected it to. (Where were Ms. Vicki's elves when I needed them?)

Album front and a couple of the inside photos. The photos were all digitally decorated and enhanced.

I found some background paper that looked like old sheet music. I was trying for the "Vicki Chrisman" look but no one can duplicate her talent. I matched the acrylics to my friend's birthday outfit and painted the outside cover before gluing on the sheet music. Those tiny little buttons were a real pain (literately) to sew on! This is a close up of part of the back cover:


The Glimmer Misted page:


RubOns:


The Glimmer Mist was beautiful on the friendship paper and the rub-ons went on really easily. My photography skills leave a lot to be desired, especially since I have the jitters when holding something ;)

Here is the list of products I used for the digital and the paper:
Digital:
Flergs Funky Swirls & Jeweled Brads [Scrapbook Graphics.com]; Bows by Booland Designs [Stone Accent Studios ]; Software by Adobe PS CS3
Paper:
Base Album by Greenbrier [$ Tree]; Papers: Friendship by Creative Imaginations, Periphery/Chablis by Basic Grey; Cream Sheet Music by The Paper Studio; Acrylics: Liquitex, making Memories, & Spectra Paints; Glue & Laminating: Crystal lacquer by Sakura; Pearl Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels; Stamps: Tuesday Morning and See D's; Rub-ons: Basic Grey, Daisy D's, Royal Langnickel, & 7 Gypsies; Lace & Ric Rak by Offray; Ribbons by Michael's; Clears Alpha by Making Memories; Doilies by Greenbrier; Color Pencils by Koh-I-Noor (Woodless Pencils); Buttons by K & Company; Bling by Heidi Swapp; Other: Thread by Dual Duty; Photo Paper by Kirkland [Costco]; Printer: Epson Photo R300

I had quite an exasperating day Friday and I will post the story when I am calmer about the subject (snakes). Thanks to all who have kept me in their thoughts and prayers since then! It's just going to take a while before I can reasonably recount the day for you. The squirrels are not cooperating with my need for sanity either! The young ones won't leave and play right over my head when I'm in the study. They also peek in through the sidelights at the front door to see if I'm coming back here so they can go back in the attic! Here's one of them:




As I was standing in the driveway waving to my grandchildren as they were leaving yesterday, the mother or father ran within a foot of me, up the Crepe Myrtle and onto the roof! They are not afraid of me at all. This is sooo frustrating; I'm calling Critter Control in the morning and I don't care anymore about how they will get rid of them.

Tootles!

3 comments:

Donna Lynn said...

First of all, your book turned out really sweet, jitters and all! Second, I have been praying for you with the snake and the squirrels, what are they thinking, that your home is an animal sanctuary??? Heavens! I think about your everyday doing battle, yes, you should call in the big guns! Get your peace back, screw PETA, :)
(That was naughty of me, but I meant it!)

Rhondi said...

Hi Liv
I found you through your comment on Donna Lynn's blog, Blushing Rose Antiques and I see by your profile that you live in Charlotte. I do too! Small world isn't it? I love the little book you did and y'all look like you're having a lot of fun in he photos.
Rhondi

Kara Ward said...

Oh, he is so cute...why do they have to be such a pain. Leave it to you to snap his picture. I would be scared he would come after me and bite me. Tell him to move on down the road...Kara