Thursday, April 17, 2008

Effort Required

Hey Y'all! My title today refers to a muse by Rozanne Paxman, otherwise known as "Ro," who is the driving force behind one of my all time favorite sites, Scrap Girls. Ro sends us some great life "muses" along with tutorials, layouts, ideas, new products, beautiful layouts, and freebies in the Scrap Girls daily newsletter. Effort Required is the title of today's muse and it just struck a cord in me that wanted to share it with you. It begins: "I want to be on the other side of tomorrow." Isn't that an intriguing opening sentence? Don't you just have to know what Ro has to say to us? Ro has posted it on her blog so that I can refer you there to read the entire muse. Go there NOW! You can come back here afterwards and continue to read the rest of my post. And if you can't figure out what the photo in the layout is (I didn't know until she told me), it is of a cactus bloom! I know that after reading just this one muse you will be compelled to read more and in order to do that you need to go to the Scrap Girls site and sign up for their newsletter. I'm begging you to do this for yourself, you will never regret it! I have learned more from Scrap Girls than I learned in my month long Photoshop online tutorial! But I believe the greatest gift I have received from Scrap Girls is Ro's muses. She makes me think. She makes me want better for myself. She makes me want to BE with capital letters! Yes, she has touched my heart so many times in the last three months that it seems like she has a window on my life and is writing her muses just for me! Thank you, dear Ro, for being you and sharing those little bits and pieces of yourself with me.

I've been working on a hybrid scrap project this week. It is an album of last year's birthday luncheon for a gift at this year's birthday luncheon. I just thought it would be nice for my friend to look back at us a year ago and if all goes well, I might make it a tradition. I've been so pleased that my fingers have allowed me to paint today; tomorrow I will cut and paste! I hope to have it done and photographed by tomorrow afternoon since the birthday luncheon is this Friday (I'm no Vicki Chrisman with all those little elves helping out [that she says she doesn't have-ha!] to speed the project along). I'll be sure and share it with you even if it doesn't come out as good as I want it to, as it will be the first large project I've done in my studio since last fall. Speaking of Vicki C, you should check out her blog from yesterday; great project Vicki (as usual) I love the colors and the Crafty Secrets image!

Well, it's tomorrow already and I need to catch up on my TV before I sleep!

Tootles!

PS: Oh, My, Gosh! I forgot to tell you that my darling little grandson, Joshua, made the winning home run for his team tonight! Woo Hoo! Way to go Joshua!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You're so nice, Liv. I'm speechless (for once). I appreciate all of the kind things you've just said about me.

Donna Lynn said...

Liv, Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind comments! Way to go for your grandson, love his name! :)
I will go check out Scrapgirls, I don't scrapbook...yet.
Donna Lynn (have a blessed day)

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh Liv.. I just smiled when i read that you were having a good day with your fingers/hands and so to create a hybrid project. I'm SO happy.. and hope you have more good days!
As for "elves"... if I did have some .. I'd share them with you.. really I would!lol

Donna Lynn said...

How is the squirrel situation going, I thought of you today as I was doing battle with big fat black ants in my kitchen!HELP WHERE ARE THEY COMING FROM??? My house is spotless, yet they keep coming!!!! Hope you set off firecrackers and made them flee, they might just go deaf too, added benefit! Hugs, Donna Lynn

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh come on!! WE know Vicki C has elves..she HAS to! How does she get some much done...and beautiful! I cant believe you're still having critter problems! I'm praying for you!! Now I have to go back to your site and check out these other places that you mention. Laurie

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Donna Lynn said...

Great tip on the ants, I had sprinkled some powdered dishwasher soap along the baseboards and that had helped, but your tip is much cheaper and I won't have to worry about my puppy snarfing it up!!!
Thanks for the comments on our road
trip, we had so much fun! Have a great weekend, Donna Lynn