Friday, February 22, 2008

Weekends



Weekends . . . I use to long for the weekends to come; I didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn and get dressed and go to work in an office. I could spend a lazy morning in bed with the kids telling me about different things that had happened to them during the week that hadn't been discussed earlier. We sometimes even had bagels and milk to munch on while we watched cartoons together on Saturday mornings. Those days have been gone so long it's a wonder this old gal can even remember them. Those children are now middle aged adults with teenagers of their own; my youngest grandchild is 8! No more little ones ;-(

Weekends aren't my favorite time anymore. I don't have access to a car during the week so on the weekends all the stuff I use to spread out over the five day week now gets dumped on Saturdays and sometimes spills over into Sundays. The only good thing is I sometimes get to see some of my grandchildren on weekends when they are not involved in sports or band or scouts or church. It doesn't happen often enough and usually I'm so tired from running errands that I seem to "zone out" during conversations with them. I talk more to my granddaughters on My Space than I do on the telephone or in person; I sometimes wonder what my life would be like without a computer (I don't want to know). This weekend my daughter, Kimberli, and her family are going on a Cub Scout weekend trip to stay on the battleship Yorktown. It's something they've been looking forward to for a while, I just hope Kim stays well while they are in the bowels of that big old ship.

I'm sorry for the ramble, I seem a bit "melancholy" today. I am going to start on a layout; I haven't finished one since the two I did for Flerg's CT call. I'm off to Photoshop!

Have a great weekend,
Liv

No comments: